Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Built In Webcam Says Not Connected

• Please log in to reply

matthius42

matthius42

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey guys I have a Toshiba Satellite L655D

Specs Are:

Processor: AMD Turion II P520 Dual-Core Processor 2.3GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB DDR3

OK well i use Skype and my microphone worked before but now for some reason it just says "Cant Detect Your Sound Card"

I Tried Uninstalling the Audio Driver and rebooting, going to the toshiba website and redownloading and installing the drivers for it but still wont work. I go to control Panel and then to sounds and it says that it is unplugged and i cant figure out how to fix it.... Any help would be appreciated thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• ScreenShot.png

Advertisements

matthius42

matthius42

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Any Help please lol?

matthius42

matthius42

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Cmon seriously some help please

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,750 posts
Hi matthius42 :)
http://laptopforums....ws-7/td-p/67803
I havn`t used W7 myself so I don`t know my way around it yet, but I found the link above which hopefully will help you out, meanwhile you could try this go to speech recognition under control panel (on start menu) on the very bottom left you'll see "audio devices" click that, click the recording tab, now right click and choose show disabled devices, click onto that then click properties at the bottom right and enable at the bottom of the properties screen.
Hope this gets you sorted but if not have a look at the link and let us know how it goes.

matthius42

matthius42

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ya ive tried that but the microphone isnt disabled, it says that it is unplugged but under the recording tab...But under the playback tab it says the speakers are using the the conexant smartaudio HD which is the same thing that the mic is using...its weird >< and the ATI HDMI Output under the playback is unplugged to somehow

Attached Thumbnails

• Sound 1.png
  • Sound 2.png