Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Sites?

• Please log in to reply

Xtreme930

Xtreme930

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
By random sites... I mean when I click on a link... it doesn't bring me to the link, instead it loads very slowly and then eventually you get into some kind of survey site... How do you fix this?

Advertisements

MariaCristina

MariaCristina

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 277 posts
Hello, Xtreme930

Welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

My name is Maria Cristina and I will be helping you. I will be back as soon as possible, as each reply must be approved by a resident expert before I can be allowed to post it to you.
  • Please, be patient. Do not try to fix your malware issues by yourself. You should only run the tools that I request. I know malware can be frustrating but running other tools in the meantime and between posts, only makes it harder for us to analyze and fix your PC in the long run.
  • Do not ask for help in other forums. Trying to follow more than one procedure at the same time can cause a lot of issues.
  • POST your logs, do not attach them, as it makes it harder to read.
  • English is not my first language, so please do not use slang or idioms, as this makes it difficult to understand for me.
  • I suggest you to subscribe this thread, by clicking in My Settings, on the top of this page.

You should click in the Notification Options and check the option Watch every topic I reply to - If enabled, choose default notification type: and set your desired notification type.

Please, follow the steps in our Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide and paste the required logs in your next reply.

:)

Xtreme930

Xtreme930

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Thanks for trying to help! I appreciate it! I'll be on standby... It is not effective right now, but I think the core of the malware is still inside my pc somewhere...

MariaCristina

MariaCristina

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 277 posts
Hello, Xtreme930

Download OTL to your Desktop
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in

netsvcs
    drivers32
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.* /90
    %systemroot%\system32\*.wt
    %systemroot%\system32\*.ruy
    %systemroot%\Fonts\*.com
    %systemroot%\Fonts\*.dll
    %systemroot%\Fonts\*.ini
    %systemroot%\Fonts\*.ini2
    %systemroot%\Fonts\*.exe
    %systemroot%\system32\spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.*
    %systemroot%\REPAIR\*.bak1
    %systemroot%\REPAIR\*.ini
    %systemroot%\system32\*.jpg
    %systemroot%\*.jpg
    %systemroot%\*.png
    %systemroot%\*.scr
    %systemroot%\*._sy
    %APPDATA%\Adobe\Update\*.*
    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Favorites\*.*
    %APPDATA%\Microsoft\*.*
    %PROGRAMFILES%\*.*
    %APPDATA%\Update\*.*
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    CREATERESTOREPOINT
    %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install|LastSuccessTime /rs

• Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them here in a new reply.

Next:

Download Gmer and save it into your desktop
  • Extract the zip file.
  • Close all your programs and disconnect from internet.
  • Run Gmer.exe by double click on its icon.
  • If it advises about rootkit activity and prompt you for a scan, click in NO.
  • In right panel, under file, uncheck all drives except your disk (normally C:\).
  • Make sure all other boxes are checked, EXCEPT for "Show All".
  • Click on "Scan" and wait until it performs its job.
    Note: Before running the scan, make sure to close any others open programs. Do not use your computer during the scan.
  • When it completes, click on Copy button and next open Notepad and paste the content; Save the Notepad windows as gmer.txt and paste it here in your next reply.
  • Note: If your got some issue trying to run Gmer, try to rename it to something.exe and try again.
Important! Please, do not check the box "Show all" during the scan.

The scan takes a little. Please, be patient.

:D

Xtreme930

Xtreme930

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Sorry, I went to a camp... I was very busy with school too! I just came back yesterday... but I will find time to do it once I get my brain used to home... Thanks for the help! I appreciate it...

MariaCristina

MariaCristina

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 277 posts
:D