Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:41 PM
Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:36 AM
Welcome to Geeks to Go!
My name is Maria Cristina and I will be helping you. I will be back as soon as possible, as each reply must be approved by a resident expert before I can be allowed to post it to you.
- Please, be patient. Do not try to fix your malware issues by yourself. You should only run the tools that I request. I know malware can be frustrating but running other tools in the meantime and between posts, only makes it harder for us to analyze and fix your PC in the long run.
- Do not ask for help in other forums. Trying to follow more than one procedure at the same time can cause a lot of issues.
- POST your logs, do not attach them, as it makes it harder to read.
- English is not my first language, so please do not use slang or idioms, as this makes it difficult to understand for me.
- I suggest you to subscribe this thread, by clicking in My Settings, on the top of this page.
You should click in the Notification Options and check the option Watch every topic I reply to - If enabled, choose default notification type: and set your desired notification type.
Please, follow the steps in our Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide and paste the required logs in your next reply.
Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:47 PM
Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:58 AM
Download OTL to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install|LastSuccessTime /rs
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them here in a new reply.
Download Gmer and save it into your desktop
- Extract the zip file.
- Close all your programs and disconnect from internet.
- Run Gmer.exe by double click on its icon.
- If it advises about rootkit activity and prompt you for a scan, click in NO.
- In right panel, under file, uncheck all drives except your disk (normally C:\).
- Make sure all other boxes are checked, EXCEPT for "Show All".
- Click on "Scan" and wait until it performs its job.
Note: Before running the scan, make sure to close any others open programs. Do not use your computer during the scan.
- When it completes, click on Copy button and next open Notepad and paste the content; Save the Notepad windows as gmer.txt and paste it here in your next reply.
- Note: If your got some issue trying to run Gmer, try to rename it to something.exe and try again.
The scan takes a little. Please, be patient.
Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:14 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users