Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD FLTMGR.sys

• Please log in to reply

Sheldy

Sheldy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
ok just looked at the site... I'll try it this weekend, not sure if I'll get to it tonight... but I should just have to integrate SP3 right? and bypass SP2 if it doesn't have it on the CD?

Should I integrate RAID drivers? or just leave that and use the Floppy I created from the DELL site?

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Keep the floppy

Also:

Do not forget to copy your whole XP cd to a folder on your HD first

NLite is a program who will only integrate your Service pack drivers and personalize your setup but it does not make it bootable, you will have to make sure your burned copy of XP is bootable.

Creating a Bootable CD

For this part I used IsoBuster and Nero Burning ROM 9.
You can of course use your own favorite CD-burning program.

After you install IsoBuster, you can choose to use only the product's free functionality for what we want to do (you need to have your original Windows XP CD in the CD-ROM drive).

Start to extract the boot loader from the original Windows XP CD. Using IsoBuster, select the "folder" Bootable CD, and right-click Microsoft Corporation.img. From the menu choose Extract Microsoft Corporation.img, and extract it to the folder on your hard drive where you have your Windows XP files.

In your burning program:

in Nero (for me) in the tab BOOT

In the source of boot image data choose "file" and go to your folder where you have just extracted your cd boot image files and select the Microsoft Corporation.img. If you do not see the file when searching for an image file choose to see all files then you should see it.

select "Enable expert settings"
and under "kind of emulation" choose "no emulation"
and under "number of loaded sectors" choose "4"
then you just have to burn it.

One last thing if your XP cd is an OEM cd slipstreaming might not work.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

ok just looked at the site... I'll try it this weekend, not sure if I'll get to it tonight... but I should just have to integrate SP3 right? and bypass SP2 if it doesn't have it on the CD?

Should I integrate RAID drivers? or just leave that and use the Floppy I created from the DELL site?

You can do either. If your using RAID for your OS drive, then you absolutely need to or Windows will not see your drives in setup.

Sheldy

Sheldy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Ok thanks both of you! It is an OEM version of XP, so I'm hoping it will work... I may have some questions once I start using Nlite and ISOBuster... But I'll let you know when I get to that point. Again thanks!

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Ok thanks both of you! It is an OEM version of XP, so I'm hoping it will work... I may have some questions once I start using Nlite and ISOBuster... But I'll let you know when I get to that point. Again thanks!

NLite can be a bit confusing, but its pretty straight forward. If you have any questions about it, let us know.