Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Keeps shutting off :(

• Please log in to reply

swholcomb

swholcomb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I turn the system on it will stay on for anywhere from 5 seconds to a few minutes. I was granted one day where I used a box fan to keep everything cool that it stayed on for 15 mins. I saw the CPU temp hit 84 and kick off. Thinking that it was a cooling problem I recently bought a new CPU fan (Dream X 4) and Case fan (little 70MM). Once I started it up it seemed like things were in the green. I went out to pick my son up from school and it was off. I turned it back on and ta da! It shut off again. So now I'm thinking its a PS problem. I know it's getting plenty of air flow throughout the case now because the old fans had cigarette tar on them and everything else. The PS that is in it I bought from a local PC shop it's only 350W. I have a Pentium 4 processor. 2G of ram. 3 Cd/burn drives, but only one is hooked up and the HD plugged up. When it turns on it does the usual one beep so I was thinking all was good. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to try those out before I sink anything else into this box of garbage. I was only wanting to keep it as a burning station pretty much. I'm planning on getting a new gaming system soon. If you need anymore details just ask and I'll be checking the topic frequently.

Advertisements