Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bloodhound.w32.ep virus & troj_krepper.AI [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

antu_kubo

antu_kubo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My boss's notebook got virus called bloodhound.w32.ep and trojan called Troj_Krepper.AI. He is using NEC notebook with Windows XP Pro SP1.

I tried to scan in normal and safe mode using norton antivirus but it won't start. I tried to use Ad-aware and the same problem happened. I re-install both programs but still the same. For Norton antivirus, when i try to re-install, there will be a problem in live update installation and the program cannot start due to DEFALERT.dll is corrupted. How can i fix this?

I tried AVG and a program called Sysclean to scan and there's a trojan called Troj_Krepper.AI in hard disk. It will be deleted but keeps coming after reboot.

I already turn off system restore, clear temp internet files, cache and all offline contents but still cannot fix the mess.

The other problem is i cannot online. Nothing happens when i click my internet connection shortcut. I go the properties, find the target but nothing appears. I tried to setup a new connection but failed.

I think I want to do the last option which is fresh format and re-install every single programs. BUT there is one program which my boss installed in CHINA. If i format his notebook, he have to go to CHINA to install back the program. Pretty costly huh?

ANYBODY CAN HELP ME WITH THIS MESS? :tazz:

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Welcome to GTG.

I assume the program can't be sent/mailed to you guys?

First the internet connection. See if this will fix it up:

Download WinsockFix and unzip it. Then double-click on it to run it.

If you can go online now, do this:

If you have a fast internet connection (broadband), run an online virus scan at TrendMicro http://uk.trendmicro...call_launch.php. Just follow the instructions on the site to run the online scan. If any viruses/trojans are detected, try to delete or clean them in that site. You may use Panda ActiveScan also at http://www.pandasoft...ucts/activescan. Otherwise, make sure your antivirus program has the latest definitions and run a full system scan.

Then read the first link below in my signature and follow the steps there. post a HijackThis log here when ready.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.