Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP doesnt start, not even in safe mode

• Please log in to reply

tostini

tostini

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hellooo
my computer already is very slow and i'm trying to make songs using ableton live 8, but i just started like.. today :)
so i was also watching some youtube stuff about how to work with the program and I thought it was a genius idea to get my dad's laptop for watching the movies on youtube, so I restarted my computer (the rigt way by clicking start and all.. but i dindt close firefox or ableton) to get optimal speed..
and then i got to the windows XP logo screen with the thing underneath it looking like its loading something but its not looking like its loading something, its just an empty bar. so i pressed restart. and got to the screen that my computer wasnt closed properly or something and if i would like to restart it in safe mode (different safe-mode options) or just in the normal configuration. so i choose normal.. and dindt came any further than the not loading bar and windows logo. so i tried safe mode.. and it first looks like doing something at the bottom off the screen and then stops doing anything with just an - at the upper left side of the screen blinking.

so i cant get in.. what can i do?
ive tried all the safe mode options but it doesnt work.
the windows logo is still not doing anything while im writing this sos

help plz? *sad face

Advertisements

tostini

tostini

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks for all the heads that might have thought about it but the problem is solved!! :):D
i pulled the plug out for half an hour and now its starting again... :):D