Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i don't know what's going on with my computer

• Please log in to reply

agiantpanda

agiantpanda

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
hey guys.

i'm at college right now and i'm freaking out. i thought my laptop would be able to last a little longer but i don't think so. whenever i start it up it, the computer does not fully load, it has the welcome screen background but no "welcome" and i'm able to see my cursor. even in safemode the screen turned black after the "welcome" screen.

when i am actually able to get to my desktop, my internet connection only lasts for like 10 minutes.
i have this message at the bottom right of my taskbar:http://i.imgur.com/h6xgt.jpg
even with that message thing i can still get online but it takes a few minutes if i want to change my connection.

and when i shut my computer down, it stays at the "logging off" screen and that's it. which resorts to me having to pull the battery out in the back in order to completely shut it off.

i really need help with this, guys. i want my computer back to normal. i don't think it's viruses because i ran malwarebytes and it didn't pick anything up.

i was just able to do a system restore to august 29th and that's how i'm here now.

oh and it's a dell inspiron 1525.

Advertisements