Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot reboot/restore/ or repair from cd

• Please log in to reply

johnnybartender

johnnybartender

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have a dell dimension desktop 8200 and i am trying to restore it factory settings and it won't boot off my factory cd... either repair or reinstall windows xp both produce a blue screen with a page fault in non paged area error with tech info as follows; 0x00000050 (0xc16c0000, 0x00000000, 0x807ea8e8, 0x00000000)_i just want to wipe the hard drive clean and start from scratch with my operating system cd and return to factory settings

Edited by johnnybartender, 09 September 2010 - 08:22 PM.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If possible, move your HD to another computer and format it there. Bring it back and try XP inastallation from your original CD.