Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Considering buying someones PC

• Please log in to reply

epics

epics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK great then it will be able to read all the ram you put in it now and in the future.
Looks like you now have the basis for your system and a great system for upgrading later.
When you are to start building you can use this guide HERE written by one of our own Techs that will walk you through from start to finish on building your new system.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Actually found a second to make a suggestion. (I woke up early).

You don't have to worry to much about custom liquid cooling, that is pretty advanced. There is a happy medium though for liquid cooling the processor. Corsair Hydro Series CPU Cooler It's a closed loop and easy to install, maintenance free.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not bad Ferrari for someone who doesn't want to spend money on a complete liquid cooling system to start with. :D

epics

epics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
yeah i think i should invest in that liquid cooler fan you posted. Ive been reading about the asus rampage board, and according to reviews if i get a "DOA" board, itll happen 2-5 times. or it has a chance of running hot? (could be something theyre doing i guess) and the graphics card will be a bit warm but i think the side fan will take care of that.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm surprised it has that high of a DOA rate.
I am completely happy with mine and since it is a gamers board I enjoy it even more.
Investing in the liquid cooling system Ferrari linked to would be a great ideal for you I believe.

epics

epics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
i notice as im throwing some of these in the bin on newegg there are are some crazy nice deals hat even go up to 50 dollars off for other things, like a 1000 watt powersuppl at 40 dollars off with the case.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is it cheaper that way?
Also make sure they are not offering a lower grade PSU with the bundle.
Link to the combo deal and I will take a look for you.

epics

epics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
http://www.newegg.co...st=Combo.506382

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK if that is cheaper then buying the case and PSU separately then I would say go for it. Cooler Master is not a bad PSU. Being 80 plus certified is a good point.
The reviews indicate a good reliable product also.
The case itself as I stated before I love mine and there is so much room inside to work with. The large fans move tons of air and it is not loud at all. This is defiantly a good choice in my opinion.

Advertisements

epics

epics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
yeah i love how big it is (thats what she said) and the fans, plus its the highest rated case i can find. Although... it doesnt look nearly as cool as the "Level 10" case

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
WOW now that's a case for serious techies. :D

epics

epics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
my budget has increased to 2,500. I've ordered the power supply, case, and hard drive already. is there anything you can think I can add to it that owuld make a significant performance increase? I plan on streaming to Justin.tv and other places , if that helps to find something useful. I was thinking adding a second 5970 radeon card.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Assing a second card all though helps with game (marginally) as far as streaming I'm not sure you will see a drastic increase in video.
The greatest increase in speed is done with memory and keeping your system clean and files defragged.
I think what you have already decided is a great system. :D

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
With a budget that high, you may want to consider an SSD as your Main drive for your OS and Programs, and then use the hard drive for storage of pictures, music, video, documents, etc.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820233107 As you can see, they are very expensive, but very fast, so something like that. you may also need a 3.5" to 2.5" bracket adapter as well.