Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD codes new system old HDD

• Please log in to reply

zee alice

zee alice

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hey,i need a little help on fixing my PC

specifications:
GIGABYTE GA-MA-770-UD3 motherboard
160gb HDD
AMD phenom ii X2 550 black edition processor
nvidia geforce 8400GS
windows XP

error codes:
0x0000007e (0xc0000005,0xb8268756,0xb84c742c,0xb84c7128)

i recently decided to build a PC and the build is fine it starts and responds, however it is still unfinished i need another 1gb of RAM and a new GFX card

now the BIOS is a little hard to understand i dont know what to set. i set the boot priorities but thats about it. firstly, is there any other settings that need to be added, like clock speed, and voltages? (if there is, could you please explain how to do this? i'm a dummy)

secondly when windows XP has finished loading up i get the BSoD code stated above.
i tried repairing it and i tried installing windows 7 (wich i was meant to install after backup)but what is this code actually telling me?
like 0x00000000a (0x00000016,0x00000001c,0x00000000, 0x80FA276)is, from experience, a packard bell imedia 1559 network card defect issue.
and what do i do to repair it and get a functioning PC
when installing windows 7 it came up with a message saying to restart the computer with the disk out of the drive. but it just boots XP again. now the computer is good in the sense it doesnt restart the computer on the system failure and no POST errors are present.
thanks if you can help me.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If in doubt, leave everything in the BIOS alone. The default settings will work.

With regards to XP, unfortunately you can't just introduce it to a new machine, it needs repairing. You need an XP CD.

zee alice

zee alice

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
okay
i have 200 genuine XP disks so i'll take my pick and begin a repair today.
thanks for your help.