Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2WIRE 2701 HGV internet LED button turns red occassionally and disconn

• Please log in to reply

kakaboo

kakaboo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have a 2WIRE 2700HGV router with 2 computers connected to it, one by a Linksys wireless adapter and one by an ethernet cable. I used to have an old version of 2WIRE router and did not have any problem with it, but after I changed it, this new router would occasionally have its green LED button turning red, disconnecting and claiming that it cannot connect to the Ppoe server.

I have set static IPs for both of the computers, and the linksys adapter would sometimes say it is connected to the access point but the internet cannot be found when the internet LED light turns red. This happens even when I have one of the computers switched on only.

Did some exploration inside the 2wire router homepage, and realized that there was a bunch of MSNMGGR applications under my 'allowed applications' list for portforwarding. They seem to automatically accumulate, because the the first time I saw them , there were only 2 and I removed them. Yet just now , there was like a bunch of them, 10+ of them.. Could this be the problem? If so, how do I prevent my applications from automatically opening or closing my router ports?

thanks

Advertisements