Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 installer problem

• Please log in to reply

BCL

BCL

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I try to install or uninstall anything anything I get a message that another program is being installed to please wait until it completes from windows installer. I checked my processes there isnt anything installing. I have tried to find installer 5.0 to download and reinstall that has been fruitless. I have unregistered and registered msiexec.exe did nothing to solve the problem. I have disabled windows installer and set back to manual that did nothing to solve the problem. any ideas

Edited by BCL, 12 September 2010 - 06:10 AM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Go Start>Run (Start Search in Vista), type in:
msconfig
Click OK (hit Enter in Vista).

Click on Startup tab.
Click Disable all
IMPORTANT! In case of laptop, make sure, you do NOT disable any keyboard, or touchpad entries.

Click Services tab.
Put checkmark in Hide all Microsoft services
Click Disable all.

Click OK.
Restart computer in Normal Mode.

NOTE. If you use different firewall, than Windows firewall, turn Windows firewall on, just for this test, since your regular firewall won't be running.
If you use Windows firewall, you're fine.

Same problem?