Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how do I transfer email addresses in OE from crashed xpto new XP

• Please log in to reply

madmaven

madmaven

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi, I have 2 computers running XP home. The one I was using crashed and is completely dead tested powersupply etc and it is cooked. I have another with clean install of XP home I want to take my addresses out of the Outlook express address book and put them in the new OE addressbook. I have connected the old hard drive via usb and i can see the folders but cannot import the addresses. I know how to from a floppy or cd but when I try to import by oopening the OE on the C drive and clicking import it does not show the addresses on the F drive it appears to default to the c drive every time. If I go in and try to open up the F drive address book it comes up empty. I have had this happen before and never did resolve the problem. It's my neighbors computer. I learned to make a backup he did not. can you tell me how to dothis? I appreciate any help. thanks alot.
Leslie O

Advertisements

madmaven

madmaven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I did some more research asnd found that the address book is stored in my documents and settings/(user name)/application data/microsoft/address book/wab.NOT IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS WAB.EXE First you have to go to folder options and show hidden folders. I was able to import it by opening OE address book (on the C drive) and importing wab and finding this file. WHEW> why is it so easy after you know how to do it, and so difficult before? thought I would post what I found incase someone else want to read this. Sorry to bother you guys. MM

Edited by madmaven, 12 September 2010 - 02:09 PM.