Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

monitor not starting - no display - nothing?

• Please log in to reply

sunandoghosh

sunandoghosh

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
monitor not starting - no display - nothing????

Hi people,

I am stuck with a probelm...

Here is how the problem goes...

I have two PCs (not connected) at home both on windows xp...

My PC ONE has Celeron 500 with motherboard mercury
My PC TWO has Pentium four 3.2ghz

Now yesterday...

when i put on power of my pc no one then although it seemed it was booting and could recognise keyboard there was no display on monitor...

I took out the wires from the back of CPU one and again connected ...this time the monitor was working ok...

i shut down and later in evening when i again started pc no one it was not displaying anything on monitor

Now i tried to connect pc two cpu to pc no one monitor and then there was proper display on monitor...

then i again connected pc no one cpu to monitor of pc no two and nothing came on monitor...

FROM the above it appears that there is some problem not in monitor of pc no one but in CPU of pc no one...

but how do i know what is the problem in CPU of pc no one???????????????????????????????????

i have cleaned it of dust and also tried to do everything again ...........plz help.......

any suggestions, comments would be more than welcome....

thanks in advance

regards,

sunando

sunandoghosh (at) rediffmail (dot) com

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Due to the fact you are getting nothing from either monitor from PC 1, I would think the video card has either worked it's way out a bit (if it is a separate card) or it went to the big computer repair depot in the sky.. :tazz:

Suggest you try a different video card in PC1 !!

Murray

sunandoghosh

sunandoghosh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
ok i will go ahead and try buddy a different video card in pc one...and then reply back what happened?????

what does the following line mean...unable to understand...thanks man...

it went to the big computer repair depot in the sky..

regards,

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Means it crashed and burned.. quit working..nothing but junk now!! :tazz:

Murray

sunandoghosh

sunandoghosh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
do u suggest i should buy a separate VGA card and see if the monitor functions or is there any other way to know...thanks... :tazz: ;) ???

and what do u think is cost of a vga card...any idea???

Edited by sunandoghosh, 24 May 2005 - 10:49 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
That depends on what your system can handle!! You could just borrow one from someone, install it and the drivers for it and see if that works!!

Murray