Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Taskbar Frozen, Infections, "Antivirus Soft"

• Please log in to reply

turiaf

turiaf

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi. Our laptop is having problems. The taskbar is frozen and we can't click on any of the icons on it; I have to use alt+tab to switch between different windows. Also, ctrl-alt-del does not work. It just says logon.exe is infected, and then it opens a link to a page titles "Powerfull PC Protection !" The page advertises a program "antivirus soft." Also, a program "Malwarebytes" keeps flashing on the taskbar, but we can't click on it or get to it. Please help. If there is any other in information you need, please let me know. Thanks.

We are running Windows Vista also.

Advertisements

turiaf

turiaf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Update: Also, all the antivirus programs don't work. For example, McAfee and Hijackthis. When I open those, it says the program is infected and takes me to that "antivirus soft" website.