Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Would like to watch live online tv streams that are blocked in my geog

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

waltermitty

waltermitty

• Pip
  • 1 posts
At the risk or "wearing it on my sleeve" : I am disabled, live under the poverty line on a paltry disability pension, and thus had to make a choice between a computer and a shared dsl, or a tv with cable. I chose the pc with shared dsl broadband(my landlord's a nice guy).

I love international english service channels, and foreign live online tv channels and movies with english subtitles, like the BBC out of the UK, Al Jazeera, France 24, Russia Today, Deutsche Welle(Germany), and some here in the usa like CNN(sometimes). Well, France 24 is about the only one that works adequately for free. Al Jazeera free is unbearable to try to watch and listen to. The free AJ from Livestation is pretty awful too. Russia Today was also working great until a few days ago. I think they also shut down there live "on air" stream to the usa. Can't say I blame them.

True you can get the 24/7 news channel BBC 1 on the wwitv aggregator. But there news cycle is so fast, about 4 or 5 stories repeated over and over again, it gets boring real quick. By the way, wwitv is over rated. Few of the channels they list actually work.

I'll try to stop rambling and try to get to the point: For example when I download BBC 4 or one of their other entertainment channels, you get something like not available in the usa, not available in your geographical area, whatever.

I heard or read somewhere that you can get changing IP or proxy IP programs that give you a proxy IP address in the country where the internet live tv stream is located on your computer when you want to watch that foreign channel. And that you can also change IP's for different foreign countries online live streaming news and entertainment tv.

I realize this sounds sort of semi-legal but again I hear millions of people use this method like millions use bit torrent(which is a whole different topic, or is it?! live video streams via bit torrent?!)

If any of you good hearted geeks can help me to watch international english service live video streams, especially world news and entertainment, and help getting a program to add english subtitles to foreign stations that are in their own language I would be most grateful

sincerely,

"walter mitty"

citizen of the world, and wanting my country USA no longer to be a deadly, destructive empire and turned back into a decent republic in the world's family of nations, as our founding fathers intended(a lot of covert and overt US administration and cia imperialist meddling in the developing and third world was perpetrated by our government prior to the Iraq war all the way back to the late 1940's)

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
while we sympathize with your situation we cannot help you get around any kind of blocks/bans/restrictions put in place by a system that you don't own. this includes the geographical restrictions on the sites that you're talking about. it's in their TOU (terms of use) that you must be in the countries they've listed as non restricted.

We here at Geeks To Go cannot help you get around any sort of administrative restrictions imposed on a School, Work, or any other network not owned and operated by yourself. These restrictions can include (but are not limited to): Website Blocking policies, Software Installation policies, Email retention policies, Software Configuration policies, Network/Internet usage policies, Network Configuration policies, Forum or Chat Room Bans, Game Server Bans, or any other actions that are deemed "unauthorized" by the owners/administrators of the network in question. Any actions by members of the Geeks To Go site that would be offered to help in this manner would directly violate the /"]http://www.geekstogo...oardrules.html] TOS [/url]of this site.

If you have any issues with this policy please PM a Moderator or Admin.