Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stop Error

• Please log in to reply

motherofdogs

motherofdogs

• Pip
  • 7 posts
hello...

im new on here (sent over from 247fixes) and had some questions. i read through the list of Blue Screen of Death errors and mines not listed. so ill just post it here and maybe someone can figure this out.

first of all..

im running on Pentium 3, XP3 Pro using FF with addons

i have the following
CCleaner
HijackThis
MalwareBytes AntiMalware
Avast AntiVirus
SuperAntiSpyware

i got this computer from someone on craigslist. its a rebuild, but 10 years ago.

this system also has orhad Ubuntu on it at some time. its still comes up on start up but im guessing its disabled. i recently lost one of the harddrives and couldnt get this bugger to start for nothing. then, my son came in and switched stuff around and boom! its back up and running. now the XP is the first OS as the Ubuntu was on top before. im not really sure if it is 2 harddrives or just 2 OS'. but i just know that when it crashed or died, i could only get the "recover" to work by hitting th F10 and then it would only go to the set page and tell me to choose which system to use, but that would just shut the computer off. i know, its confusing.

anyways...that was a few months ago.

i just Defragged and used the CCleaner and cleared the Cache. i usually keep cookies cleaned out, as i browse quite a bit. ive have some problems in the past, but not too severe. just had this system just checked for viruses and
cleaned up with the help of someone on 247fixes. so it should be clean. who knows.

this morning.....i was on for a few minutes. got up to do something, came back and had a blue screen with the following error on it.

***STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000046, 0x805150DB, 0xEE0536AC, 0x000000007)

i restarted it and its working fine, but that worries me. :/

i didnt copy the rest of it, just the error. but it did mention something about the memory. i figured the error part was good enough to check. but ive heard some horror stories about The Blue Screen of Death. so i wanted this checked out.

i hope this isnt the hard drive, that would just be my luck!

can someone help please? it would really be appreciated.

Edited by motherofdogs, 13 September 2010 - 10:34 AM.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
upload your minidump files

motherofdogs

motherofdogs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
ok how do i do that? i have no idea how.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
They should be located in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump.

Attach them using the full editor here.

motherofdogs

motherofdogs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
on my computer it is located in: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\v5pf1xjz.default\minidumps

says the folders empty.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Please follow these instructions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307973

Make sure auto reboot is turned off and small memory dump (64k) is the option set.

If the option isnt already set, we will have to wait until another blue screen appears to troubleshoot.

motherofdogs

motherofdogs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i read some of at and got some of it. i enabled small memory dump, but its still empty folder. the auto reboot is turned off.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Now we need to wait for another blue screen to troubleshoot. Lets try testing out your memory and hard drive in the meanwhile.

motherofdogs

motherofdogs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
yeah i sometimes get something come up about the low memory. but then it goes away and nothing happens. and sometimes it tells me itsdoing something with the memory. i wish i had a better memory XD to tell you what all that was.