Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble with vdsl

• Please log in to reply

dusmar84

dusmar84

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

Long time reader first time poster. Let me explain what has been causing me to burst a few blood vessels lately. I have just moved into a new apartment (I live in japan) and I'm trying to connect to the Internet through the apartment supplied vdsl modem. When I plug the ethernet cord running from the modem into the tv box which has network capabilities everything is fine and the connection is estaished however as soon as I plug the the ethernet cable into my hp laptop the LAN lights on the modem turn off and I'm unable to get any semblance of a connection. I talked to the tech support guy but he was an absolute joke, no idea what he was talking about. I tried updating my drivers off an unecured wireless signal but it said they were up to date ( running vista) I'm at a complete loss. I had mo troubles withthe Internet at my last place so I'm not sure what it could be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Advertisements