Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Suggest Graphic card for dell laptop

• Please log in to reply

ankur16

ankur16

• Pip
  • 7 posts
hi,
I am planning to buy a Dell™ Inspiron 15R New Laptop T540903IN8.But it comes with INTEL HD graphics.I want to add an extra card to it so as to increase its performance.
Please suggest me few compatible cards.

And I would also like to ask

1)How is the performance of intel HD graphics.Considering the fact,I want good performance from windows 7 (aero theme) and just basic gaming.

2)How much is the video memory of this intel card,that comes with this model.It have i3 processor.

I am not versed in hardware,and hope all my questions would be answered.Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Graphics cards in laptops are not upgradable. So there are no compatible cards to suggest.

1) About as good as it's always been. Usually inferior to any separate card. The performance of Windows 7 is not dependent on the graphics anyway, and any laptop you buy today will do Aero.

2) Typically fixed, on average 256Mb. Don't get your hopes up.