Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

C000021A ERROR ON XP

• Please log in to reply

alasella

alasella

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a Dell 4600 with XP 40 gig hard drive 1 gig ram and SP2

I am getting a C000021a 00000000000x0000000000 IDE error with blue screen

I have looked at some forumns and have tried all... every way in F8, cant reboot from cd (changed bios order) and still get blue screen, tried unplugging unit, ctl alt, ctl alt esc.

No matter what I do it keeps going to that blue screen

One bright spot is that I have a backup system that mirrors the hard drive.

help

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
C000021a 00000000000x0000000000 IDE error

I would check your HD (if on IDE)or your CD/DVD-rom as the problem or your motherboard IDE ports have a problem.

Error Message:
STOP: 0x00000021 (parameter, parameter, parameter, parameter) QUOTA_UNDERFLOW

Explanation:

This is a Windows Executive character-mode STOP message. It indicates that quota was returned to a process, but that process was not using the amount of quota being returned.

User Action:

If this is the first time you have booted after installing new hardware, remove the hardware and boot again. Check the Microsoft Hardware Compatibility List to verify that the hardware and its drivers are compatible with your Windows OS. For information about the hardware, contact the supplier. If you are installing Windows for the first time, check the Windows system requirements, including the amount of RAM and disk space required to load the operating system. Also, check the Hardware Compatibility List to verify that the system can run Windows. If Windows is loaded and no new hardware has been installed, reboot with recovery options set to create a dump file. If the message continues to appear, select the Last Known Good option when you reboot. If there is no Last Known Good configuration, try using the Emergency Repair Disk. If you do not have an Emergency Repair Disk, contact your technical support group.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Try disconnecting the DVD/CD drive and then see if it will reboot.
I suggest this because you say thatyou cannot now boot from CD, despite changing the BIOS, boot priority.

alasella

alasella

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
that sounds logical, i will try it and let you know

thanks