Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rootkit / Google Redirects

• Please log in to reply

MaverickUK

MaverickUK

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

Not so long ago it seems I have been infected with a virus, which comes as no suprise. I had initially tried removing the 'virus' myself with very little success. I have attached a ComboFix log as well as the other logs as i ran ComboFix a few days back to remove the 'virus', which was unsuccessful; however it did remove some items from my computer.

I keep getting redirected when using Google to numerous different websites - some working and some not

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files

Advertisements

MaverickUK

MaverickUK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Bump.

MaverickUK

MaverickUK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Could someone please tell me what the likely wait time is? I seen a thread when i joined this forum that stated the user was helped on the first day of submitting his thread.

Thanks.

MaverickUK

MaverickUK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I waited 13 days for what exactly? It was rather foolish of my to rely on just one website i suppose. Not too suprising that i haven't heard of this site prior to my first post.

Edited by MaverickUK, 29 September 2010 - 09:33 AM.