Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

security suite virus removal problem help!

• Please log in to reply

MiceComputer

MiceComputer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i was removing the security suite virus from my computer and I need help.(smart people only please)

this is what i did....i went to....

# Turn off Simple File Sharing:

1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
3. Under Advanced Settings, click to clear the Use simple file sharing (Recommended) check box, and then click OK.

# Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of, and then click Properties.
# Click the Security tab, and then click OK on the Security message, if one appears.
# Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
# In the Name list, click your user name, Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the Administrators group.

If you want to take ownership of the contents of that folder, click to select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
# Click OK.

and when i did all of this..to open up the files that Access denied me....i got access to my ownership where the Security Suite Virus that was stored in a Folder,I deleted it.

the i clicked on the replace owner on subcontainers and objects box

when i did this...my files were tranfered somewhere and when i restarted my computer it went back to the Regular Screen where all my folders and music i downloaded were gone.I wanted to know how can I get it back??do i have to re-transfer it back?

it got back to the regular screen like i just brought it.i couldnt find anything i downloaded.Help i need my old screen back!!Did i do something wrong?

Edited by MiceComputer, 16 September 2010 - 06:21 PM.

Advertisements