Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XP BSOD NTSOKRNL.exe

• Please log in to reply

MARINEtech

MARINEtech

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need help with this one, xp box crashes daily with BSOD. I have tried everything suggested on other sites to resolve the problem, updates, drivers hardware etc, to date still the same error. I have attached the Mini Dump files.

The error I get is the same every day.

==================================================
Dump File : Mini091710-01.dmp
Crash Time : 17/09/2010 8:26:12 AM
Bug Check String : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug Check Code : 0x10000050
Parameter 1 : 0xfffffffc
Parameter 2 : 0x00000000
Parameter 3 : 0x8054b51a
Parameter 4 : 0x00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7451a
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 5.1.2600.5973 (xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636)
Processor : 32-bit
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini091710-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 2600
====

I would appreciate any help I can get regarding this issue. Rebuilding the PC is my absolute last resort.

THanks in advance
Attached File  mini dump files.txt   33.45KB   356 downloads

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
If you have not tried this already I would test my RAM, download and boot from MEMTEST86 making sure to have only one stick of ram at a time in your ram slots when testing them and also make sure it runs at least 6 or 7 passes or best let it run until the end.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
How full is the hard disk. Is it very full? Was it ever close to being full?

The problem you have is the result of corruption in the virtual memory on your hard disk. Please try the following:

Right click My Computer > properties > advanced > "Settings" in Performance > Advanced > "Change" in Virtual Memory. Check "No Paging file" > OK > Apply. Reboot the computer and repeat the process but this time check Custom Size and in Initial Size type 2000 and in the next box 4000. OK > Apply etc.

Right click Drive C: > properties > "Check now" in Error Checking. Check the two boxes and click Start. Reboot the computer and let the process run to the end. Please be patient.

Download PageDefrag from my links. Run the program and let it run on next reboot.

I hope this will solve the problem. If not, try Start > Run. Type sfc /scannow and press Enter. You will probably need your installation CD to run it. Let it run to the end at which the dialog box just disappear.

If all this don't help then I am afraid that you will have to reformat your hard disk. I doubt that this is a RAM problem as suggested by Alzeimer but I might be wrong.