Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mouse properties box

• Please log in to reply

vonraven

vonraven

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just received a "new" computer from someone and when I boot up, the mouse properties box pops up, and then every once in a while shows up for no known reason. There used to be some logitech software installed, but have since uninstalled it. I am not using a USB mouse either and am wondering if anyone knows why this keeps popping up and how I can stop it in future. thanx for any help.

Advertisements

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
if your not using some special function mouse, windows should install its generic driver and be happy. try going into device manager, clicking on the mouse and pointing devices, and updating the driver.
on one machine, I had a problem where my logitech optical USB mouse, connected thru the PS2 adaptor to that port, would sometimes drift across the screen when I wasnt touching it. I installed the logitech mouse driver, and its been fine ever since.

hope that helps.