Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

paint shop pro x2

• Please log in to reply

Jacki_907

Jacki_907

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have seen other members with the same problem, not able to install the brushes because it appears that the brush is already installed into psp. I am sure I have hundreds of hidden brushes because I have can't figure out the edit path. I am sure I have changed something but ..what? I need some serious help and hoping you have the answers.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Jacki_907,

Welcome to Geeks to go! :)

See if this helps.

First, click on the Paintbrush Tool. Up on the left side of the Options Bar above the workspace, click on Presets. On the right side of the dropdown that appears are some icons. Click on the second icon down - the circle with the left swooshing arrow - to reset the tool. Of all the tools in photo editing programs the brush-based tools (Paintbrush, Clone Brush, etc.) tend to need resetting every once and a while.

Also, in the Materials Palette make sure the circle with the slash through it isn't showing under the foreground and backgrounds color swatches. If it is, just click on it and click on the filled circle.

If neither of these solve your problem, close PSP. Wait a minute. Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard, and click PSP's icon to launch the program. Keep Holding Shift Down. (I've never had to reset my PSP X2 so I'm not sure what exactly happens next but you may get a pop up asking you about rebuilding the program's files. Click Yes/OK.) This resets the whole program back to the defaults it had when installed. It will take a few extra minutes to open while the files are being rebuilt while the program loads.

If this doesn't help, others may have some ideas also.

Let us know!

Donna :)

Edited by DonnaB, 17 September 2010 - 06:19 PM.

Jacki_907

Jacki_907

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Greetings,

You are an Angel! :) Thanks so very much! Now....I have problems with many of my RAW images. When opened, a strange window appears and it wants me to add the pixels (dimensions)and of course I don't have a clue what they are asking for and I am NOT about to screw up an image I might need. I'm not sure if it's a PSP problem or my computer. My images are stored in a external hard drive and I thought the drive might have an issue, but not all RAW images are effected. I use both PSP and PSCS3 but PSP is my primary program. Is this something you might know something about and if not, should I check into another area of the forum? :)

Jacki

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Jacki,

You are an Angel! :) Thanks so very much!

Why...thank you! :) I'm so glad you got that sorted out!

When opened, a strange window appears and it wants me to add the pixels (dimensions)and of course I don't have a clue what they are asking for and I am NOT about to screw up an image I might need.

If these images are stored on your external hard drive, they are there for safe keeping unless you delete it from the External. You're working on a copy of the saved image. Right? I believe that what the program is asking you to do is to readjust the pixels (dimensions) as explained here for printing purposes --> Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 for Photographers
Scroll up and down that link and let me know if this helps. I'm really not that familiar with PSPx2. But if this is a copy of the image that you are working on then I'd say it is safe to play with it a bit and see what you get.

Other members that know about this program a bit more than I may add to this thread as well. So please stand by if I'm missing your point here.

Donna :)

Edited by DonnaB, 18 September 2010 - 05:43 PM.

Jacki_907

Jacki_907

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It takes me some time to read through and digest the information. I am a stroke victim and I have issues with my reading speed. If it makes a difference, I will let you know. Thanks again!! :)

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
No problem Jacki. Take your time! We'll be here when you need us.

Anytime you'd like to give more information that may help, I'd be more than happy to help you! :)

If you can get an image of the window that appears to post here, it may help me to help you better. I'm sure this is something in PSPx2 and not Windows itself though. Just a matter of "tweaking" some settings! :)