Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Itunes could not back up the iphone / ipad

• Please log in to reply

HoopyH

HoopyH

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello. Every time I try to sync iphone or ipad with itunes 10, I get an error message saying "iTunes could not back up the iPhone / iPad because the backup session failed".

I think this may have started when I installed iTunes 10 - in any case, it is a new issue - previously, I was able to sync and backup with no problem.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes 10. I have tried uninstalling iTunes 10 and reinstalling iTunes 9.2. This made no difference. Having looked at other websites for answers, I also tried changing my PC's time zone, performing a manual backup in iTunes and deleting previous backup files - all of these made no difference, except now my PC thinks I'm in Tahiti.

Restoring either device also does not work because iTunes won't let me do this without backing up first....

Any help, much appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by HoopyH, 17 September 2010 - 01:23 PM.

Advertisements

bumblebeejamina

bumblebeejamina

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Have you fixed this problem yet if so... could you tell me how?
mine does something similar. Got a new ipod and when i downloaded itunes and had the first sync with me ipod (the back up syncc) it freezes! yo know the bar where everything loads in it freezes and it does the same when i try and get onto the itunes store. And it wont come up. Then when i gt frustrated of waiting i try and close it and it wont let me. I have to run task manager to close itunes. ARGH I HAVE NOTHING ON MY IPOD HOW DEPRESSING!someone please help me!