Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Problems with websites.

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a weird problem which I dont know how to solve.
It seems that the laptop randomly picks which websites he wants to load and which he doesnt.

YouTube seems to be loading half of the times.
When it does load, the thumbnails of videos wont load.

Sites like livemocha.com and minecraftwiki.net, thast obviously work, wont load at all, and the browser says: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.

Im using IE9. Tried with Chrome, same problem.

My internet connection is just fine.
Using laptop, Win7.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I suspect the Norton Internet Security MIGHT be problematic, even though I never had problems with sites before. Only happened today.
P.S.2 Thumbnails not only from YouTube but Wikipedia, and sometimes facebook wont load either...
P.S.3 I read a little around, and I think it might be a rootkit of some sorts, not too sure.
P.S.4 When youtube or facebook stops working, sometimes cleaning browsing history helps. But there are sites that still dont work permanently.

Edited by fwenny, 18 September 2010 - 01:58 PM.