Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Paint.Net

• Please log in to reply

motherofdogs

motherofdogs

• Pip
  • 7 posts
hi...

hope im putting this in the right place.

im having a problem with Paint.net. ive had it for a few years and just love the program. but today i tried to bring it up and it wouldnt come up at all. just the message (Paint.net has encountered an error and had to close) keeps popping up. so i went in to see if i could just "repair" the program in the add/remove section on my computer. but it said i needed the dotnetfxsetup.exe or whatever its called. thought i had it but i guess it disappeared. so i got it again. still, it wouldnt install. i then got the error (paint.net setup front end has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience.). i thought it was the program, but i was able to run it on my other computer.

anyways, since i couldnt get it to run, i decided to uninstall/reinstall. it informed me i needed the net framework 3.5 to uninstall. but i have that. so idunno what going on.

though i was able to uninstall the program (PDN) using windows install cleanup tool. that worked. then when i tried to reinstall, it just says the installer front end is having a problem.

so i know what programs i need to get it, (obviously, ive had it), but somewhere, something went wrong. could it be, since i had a stop error, that it got corrupted? and how do i fix this?

also, some where i read it could be an issue with my windows program itself. and you need to do something with the command prompt. hope not. im not really familiar with that. :/

thank you very much for any help with this!

running:
HP Intel Pentium 3 processor - 713 mhz - 512 ram
XP SP3 Pro - Firefox with addons

Edited by motherofdogs, 17 September 2010 - 07:20 PM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,
I've used Paint.net without problems so I know the program works. What you might want to do is uninstall Net Framework 3.5 and reinstall it. Also make sure you have the latest Windows Installer 3.1. Since Paint.net is a free download program, you might want to download it again since perhaps the download is corrupted or damaged. Software copies from filehippo are normally very good. As recommended with any download, always scan the file for virus's no matter where you get it.

motherofdogs

motherofdogs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thanks. ill try that. :D

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Ok, let me know how it goes.