Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CTRL key issue

• Please log in to reply

randombeing

randombeing

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey gang,

First of all, thanks so much for simply hosting these forums! For those of us who are stumped it means a great deal.

Okay, my problem is as follows: I had friends over earlier today and their little one (age 2) thought it would be fun to mash my keyboard repeatedly until my PC went into sleep mode. When I was able to interrupt him and "woke" the computer up, I restarted and everything seemed to be hunky dory. A few hours later I noticed that both CTRL keys were giving me some problems. For instance, I can no longer hold CTRL and hit enter to insert http:// and .com in Firefox or Explorer, and the undo shortcut in Photoshop no longer responds. I have no idea what's up and am hoping somebody out there can shed some light on my problem!

I'm on an Acer Aspire running Vista 64, and I figure some sort of keyboard shortcut must have been activated that's now disrupted certain commands, since both the left and right CTRL keys seem equally affected. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by randombeing, 17 September 2010 - 08:41 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Sounds like the youngster has broken the keys.
If it's a desktop PC, then for the sake of a couple of pounds/dollars, just buy a new keyboard.