Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Office 2007

• Please log in to reply

capper

capper

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
I just bought a new Acer laptop with Windows 7. It only includes a "trial version" of Microsoft Office 2007. It allows for access to the program 25 times before requiring a product key.

I have a copy of Office 2003 on a CD that a friend gave me years ago. No doubt it would do the trick although I'd prefer the newer version. Any advice as to how I could acquire a copy of 2007 the same way I got 2003?

Advertisements

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
The latest version of office is office 2010. If you are a student you can buy this at a very reasonable price from certain websites such as this: http://www.microsoft...us/default.aspx

If you are not a student then you will have to buy the full edition from a store. You cannot "borrow" a CD from a friend as you will not have a valid licence to install the product and you will still only have the limitations you mentioned. You have to buy the product any other means is illegal and you will have obtained counterfeit goods.