Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

reinstalled XP

• Please log in to reply

bskit88

bskit88

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I've reinstalled XP and I am now experiencing some minor problems.

1. When system starts I get 2 error messages. "Error loading ptipbmf.dll and ptipbm.dll"
These were old driver files that I don't need anymore. How can I get these to stop trying to load on startup?

2. When I scroll to read web pages, it is not smooth. It moves in a wave type motion. Very hard to keep my place and making me seasick, can you tell me how to stop this?

3. When I try to load my software for my Samsung Syncmaster 213t monitor, I get an error. "Error ocurred while installing monitor adapter (error 259). Does anyone know what this means?

Thank you

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you are sure they are no longer needed.

Click search, include hidden and system files, look for the files then delete them as far as the recycle bin, reboot the PC and if it loads without the error message, you can delete them from the recycle bin.

You could run TuneUp Trial which should remove these as obsolete entries

http://www.tune-up.com/

bskit88

bskit88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thank you, tune up worked great.

Wavy scroll and monitor not installing was from not having video card drivers installed.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank you for letting me know