Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

help! svchost windows error 0xc0000005

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i keep getting these windows that pop up and say:

svchost.exe error
the application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000005

windows error
the application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000005

this causes slow downs for my pc which did not happen before (it ran smooth)
and causes some slow web browsing (also suddenly i cant whatch some youtube clips and so...)

i checked out other threads but they didnt really help me,
please help.

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
The error 0xC0000005 is generated by an illegal "memory access violation". This can be caused by anything from faulty RAM, an incorrect/corrupt device driver, poorly written/updated software and more commonly under Windows XP Service pack 2, malware/adware installations.

Usually you get this error message when performing a specific task, and if that happens you need to check the corresponding 3rd party's website/support department to see if they are aware of the problem

I would perform a test on your ram first.

If you are running xp with only SP2 i would check here for a hotfix to this problem.

Also some antivirus or 3rd party firewall programs may cause this issue, check for any updates on their program.