Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Finding ethernet driver

• Please log in to reply

diomedes64

diomedes64

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had to reinstall xp, and I now have to reinstall alot of drivers. I need to get the Ethernet one 1st, but i have no idea what my ehternet card model # and everything is. I opened the pc up, but i can't determine anything. It's an asrock motherboard i think, I didnt know it needed a separate ethernet driver. That's what the support said at my isp when i called them for assistance on getting my pc connected.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
If you have an onboard ethernet controller go either to the manufacturer of you PC (HP, Dell, Acer ect) or if not a brand name PC but a clone PC find your motherbaord model number and go to their site for your drivers.

If you have an addon ethernet card you can find the model with various programs like Sandralite, Everest or my favorite UnknownDevice.

Bing7

Bing7

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • MVP
hi, download this program on a working computer and and install it on your computer .it will show the name of all devices that need drivers to work ,you then search for the drivers
http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html

good luck

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
If your computer is custom built, we need to get the motherboard brand/model:

1 Download CPUZ from this site and then run the setup to install.
2 Now run CPUZ
3 Next click on mainboard tab.

Jot down the brand / model of the motherboard.

You can now go to Asrock website as you now have the details to download specific drivers or you can post the result here if you need help finding it.

Note: Download and install driver in this order:

1. Chipset
2. VGA
3. LAN
4. Audio

:D

Edited by Salagubang, 20 September 2010 - 02:45 AM.