Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AZESEARCH TOOLBAR

• Please log in to reply

mandy42

mandy42

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi i hope someone can help me, i have been tryin unsuccessfully to get rid of AZESEARCH, i have been on variuos things and downloaded allsorts that, people have suggested will help.......ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it's still here i am so frustrated with it, i am going to be throwing my pc away if i can't get rid of it, i have spent numerous hours and nope the [bleep] thing is till here!!!

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Advertisements

blingin67

blingin67

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Found this online. Maybe it will help:

1) Download, install & run "Ad-Aware SE". (It's FREE) First check for updates. Then do a full scan and quarantine/remove whatever pops up.

Note : Do NOT reboot if prompted to do so.

2) Download, install & run "Spybot-SD". First click on "Search For Updates". Then
go into the "Tools" section (located on the left hand side pane) and make sure everything is highlighted.

NOTE : This toolbar is of a very malicious nature, so even when AD-AWARE removes certain files from step #1, the toolbar will try to re-install itself without your knowing. Fortunately you've got Spybot-SD to catch that! A Spybot-SD window will most likely appear (that's what happened to me) indicating that a change is trying to be made to your registry. When this message pops up, you will have the option to track the file path of which program is making the request. And you will clearly see it's the AZESearch toolbar that's trying to reinstall itself. DENY CHANGE is the option you should select, and make sure there's a checkmark in the "Remember This Always" box (something like that).

Do NOT reboot if prompted to do so.

3) Download, install & run "Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta1" (http://www.microsoft...re/default.mspx). First, check for any updates. Then run the program.

NOTE : This BETA software is only available to legitimate XP owners (not people who have a pirated version). But I'm sure somebody has a hacked version if you just check with KaZaa or any other file sharing P2P program(not that I'm condoning and/or endorsing it)

Once you're done the scan and have removed/deleted everything REBOOT YOUR PC.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 31,676 posts
In case of further problems read here:
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html
Should you decide to post a HijackThis log do it in that forum please.

Regards,

mandy42

mandy42

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Found this online. Maybe it will help:

1) Download, install & run "Ad-Aware SE". (It's FREE) First check for updates. Then do a full scan and quarantine/remove whatever pops up.

Note : Do NOT reboot if prompted to do so.

2) Download, install & run "Spybot-SD". First click on "Search For Updates". Then
go into the "Tools" section (located on the left hand side pane) and make sure everything is highlighted.

NOTE : This toolbar is of a very malicious nature, so even when AD-AWARE removes certain files from step #1, the toolbar will try to re-install itself without your knowing. Fortunately you've got Spybot-SD to catch that! A Spybot-SD window will most likely appear (that's what happened to me) indicating that a change is trying to be made to your registry. When this message pops up, you will have the option to track the file path of which program is making the request. And you will clearly see it's the AZESearch toolbar that's trying to reinstall itself. DENY CHANGE is the option you should select, and make sure there's a checkmark in the "Remember This Always" box (something like that).

Do NOT reboot if prompted to do so.

3) Download, install & run "Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta1" (http://www.microsoft...re/default.mspx). First, check for any updates. Then run the program.

NOTE : This BETA software is only available to legitimate XP owners (not people who have a pirated version). But I'm sure somebody has a hacked version if you just check with KaZaa or any other file sharing P2P program(not that I'm condoning and/or endorsing it)

Once you're done the scan and have removed/deleted everything REBOOT YOUR PC.

View Post

mandy42

mandy42

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi i just wanna thank Blingin67 and metallica for the replies i got.

well Blingin67 so far so good, i am not goin mad!!! well i am kinda lol, no aze bar tryin to overtake my search results!!! will let u know if come back, i hope not... thanx once again, so glad u helped me out, at least my husband don;t have to hear me cursing the pc!!!!