Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe Error 1402

• Please log in to reply

smwifey

smwifey

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
I am trying to update adobe but it keeps giving me an error 1402 with a key registry something or other. I tried to remove all the older versions but when I got to Adobe 8 it gave me the same error. I ran MBAM and nothing came up ANy idea what to try next?"

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi smwifey,

Try uninstalling Adobe with Revo Uninstaller. Just choose the program that you wish to uninstall from the list.

Then you can either re-install Adobe Reader 9.3.4 or follow my recommendation to install Foxit Reader 4.1. If you choose to stay with Adobe Reader, please uncheck the option for the McAfee | Security Plan Plus product to install along with Adobe Reader.

Adobe reader has become very vulnerable to infection here lately. That's why many are switching over to Foxit Reader. And the Foxit Reader download is considerably smaller than Adobe's and consequently uses less resources (RAM as well as hard drive space). I believe there may be a few things Foxit Reader cannot do compared to Adobe, but I haven't come across any myself.

Please keep us informed to your progress!

Donna :D

Edited by DonnaB, 20 September 2010 - 05:27 AM.