Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linksys wireless WrT54gs v7 not blocking websites

• Please log in to reply

geerhed

geerhed

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi,

I apologize, I posted this in Hardware, Components & Peripherals and had no response so I thought this was a better place. Believe me, I searched for this and couldn't find anything helpful or similar. I am using a Linksys WRT54GS, version 7 for my wireless network. I was resetting after a power outage, and decided I should block a few sites (had never used this feature before). Using the Access Restrictions tab, I,

1.) named a new policy,
2.) set my clients (IPs xxx.xxx.x.101-110),
3.) set times to 24/7, and
4.) put in some test urls at the bottom.

This did not block anything. So, I backed up everything and updated my firmware from (can you believe 7.50.0) to 7.50.8. No effect. Complete system power cycle. No effect. Updated browsers. Power cycle. No effect. Nothing in any other tab contradicted these.

I changed from IPs to the router MAC. Nothing. What am I doing wrong? I'm stumped. Does anyone have ideas?

Thanks for any time or help yall can give me!:D

Edited by geerhed, 19 September 2010 - 09:48 PM.

Advertisements

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Please follow this guide to make sure you are using the feature correctly and then post back if your still having issues: http://www.technipag...ies-router.html

Thanks.

geerhed

geerhed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
hendaz, thanks for your reply. Everything works properly now.