Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP system format...now cant start up

• Please log in to reply

moragB

moragB

• Pip
  • 1 posts
After 5 years of my laptop sony vaio working great - things started to go wrong with it, and i decided that it was time to format the hard drive by using the system recovery disks that i created when i initially got the computer.
Disk 1 - system recovery, disk 2 - application recovery...

So after formatting the drive, following instructions I was faced with the next message...
"Reboot and select propert boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

When i pressed "a key" the message reappeared, so i took out the disk and pressed the key - and the message reappeared, so inserted the system recovery disk again - and it came up with the system recovery utility again...and a pop up box saying

" the revocery partition is active
Eject the disk and click [cancel]
your computer is restarted from the recovery partition in the hard drive. If you want to use the disc, click ok"

then the whole thing begins again

I seem to be going round in circles.

how do i get back to using my dear old computer i love so much? :D
Any ideas people?? Please help me!

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Did you try to go in your BIOS and put your Hard drive as the first boot device.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
See this.
http://www.sony-asia...rsonal computer

gioco

gioco

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I like this Windows Xp