Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Whenever I close the Window

• Please log in to reply

Incoming

Incoming

• PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
As I stated in the titles, whenever I close my browser, it auto signs me out. I tried Remember Me and it worked for a while but now I can't get it to work :D, is there anything I can do?

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Are you using IE ? and have you set it to clear cookies and cache when the browser closes ?

Incoming

Incoming

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
Nope and Nope.

Firefox.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
is it happening at all sites that require a log in...if its all sites it may be your settings...This article here describes a feature available in Firefox 3.0, Clear Private Data, which allows you to delete all or part of your saved history.
This feature has been upgraded for Firefox 3.5, and is now called Clear Recent History...
you want to reverse the setting so it does not clear your cookies or history

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Every time I open my browser, I have to sign in. It's how I like it - a security feature, if you will.

If I have tabs opening and closing, as long as one is open still, it remembers me.

Incoming

Incoming

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Every time I open my browser, I have to sign in. It's how I like it - a security feature, if you will.

If I have tabs opening and closing, as long as one is open still, it remembers me.

Yep same with me (@tabs), but no one has access to my computer(@Security).

Edited by Incoming, 02 October 2010 - 08:58 AM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Not the point - if you are connected to the internet, more people than you like to admit have access to your computer. Whether they can actually get at anything is yet to be seen, but it is only a matter of time.

So therefore the question becomes rather, what sort of data do you have on your PC? Is it worth someone spending way-more-than-usual time to try and hack you?

Therefore again, we here at Geeks to Go refer to our security recommendations - run a manually configured firewall, an updated antivirus, have a complex and regularly-changed password. Just these three things alone go a long way in ensuring computer security.