Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IBM R30 BIOS Trouble

• Please log in to reply

ardmoose

ardmoose

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am working on an IBM R30. I had to totally re-install the OS, it was previously using Windows 2k, but I changed to to XP.

Now everytime I boot it gives me the error:

ERROR
Warning: IRQ not configured - PCI
Bus: 00 Device: 13 Function: 00
ERROR
Warning: IRQ not configured - PCI
Bus: 00 Device: 0A Function: 00

Press F1 for IBM BIOS Setup Utility

So I entered the BIOS by F1 and I reset the PCI config to default. When it reboots it works fine. However the clock is reset and if I turn it off and unplug it, the same thing happends again.

The fact that it resets the clock and starts again each cold boot made me think it was the CMOS battery so I got a new one. Same problem happends. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello fellow Thinkpadder!
Sounds like a weird problem. Was the laptop running fine on Win2K? Did you recently add/change any hardware... ram, hard drive? Perhaps you need to reseat them, if you did. Did you install all drivers for the laptop when you installed XP? In Device Manager, are there any red or yellow marks?

The fact that it resets the clock and starts again each cold boot made me think it was the CMOS battery so I got a new one. Same problem happends

I'm not understanding this very well. Does the clock reset when you shut down? Or is it being reset because you're resetting the bios to defaults? If the laptop fails to start and you go into bios, and DON'T reset the bios, has the date already changed from what you previously set it at? Please check this the next time it happens. By the way, did you update the bios?