Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DirectX/BSOD

• Please log in to reply

jarg1985

jarg1985

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I am in need of help please as it seems Warcraft III always has a directx problem of late. Here is what happens, I can generally log onto my computer and start Wc3 about 50% of the time without this error below. But the other 50% of the time this error comes up immediately and I cannot fix it. The 50% of the time that this error does not happen and I am able to play Warcraft 3 and go online to BattleNet, other glitches occur when online. Then if I try and restart WC3 from those online glitches. I ALWAYS get this message below regardless 100% of the time. I have tried and believe I have updated all of my sound and display drivers. And I have got 9.0c DirectX. I also am now begining to get Blue Screens of Death having to do with my graphics card. It seems ever since I tried updating it two days ago I have gotten this same Blue Screen of Death(BSOD) twice now. Any other ideas? I really appreciate the help! Below I will attach Screenshots of This Error, the online glitches and my directX diagnostic. Thank you in advance for any help!

"Warcraft III was unable to initialize DirectX. Please ensure you have DirectX 8.1 or newer installed and that your display drivers are current. DirectX may be found on your Warcraft III install CD under options."

Then the next dialog box that pops up says:

"Please verify that your Warcraft III disc is in your CD-ROM drive, then click on 'Retry'."

Clearly this error is also well outdated as the disc is not needed not play any longer since the previous patches...any ideas?

P.S. Here is the link(as the file is too large to upload) to an almost identical BSOD that I have had now twice after trying/thought I updated my graphics card. http://www.google.co...sa=N&tbs=isch:1

Attached Thumbnails

• DIRECTX DIAG.jpg
  • DIRECTX DIAG DISPLAY.jpg
  • ONLINE BNET GLITCHES.jpg
  • WC3 DIRECTX ERROR.png

Edited by jarg1985, 22 September 2010 - 04:26 PM.

Advertisements

ParagonGeek

ParagonGeek

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Try installing DirectX 9.29.1962 (June 2010) and using Revo Uninstaller to uninstall and then download the newest version of your Graphics Card drivers. I noticed you have an ATI Graphics Card, so download and install: ATI Catalyst Drivers 10.9 XP

Let us know how it goes.