Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printer prints crazy symbols when printing off the internet

• Please log in to reply

RiffRaffCat75

RiffRaffCat75

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Hey guys, I've got a problem with my HP printer. It prints stuff from the computer just fine, but if you have a page you want to print from the internet, like my bank statement or my insurance invoice, it only prints a butt load of pages with just one or two lines of crazy symbols on each page. I have to cancel the print job just to make it stop. Anybody have any ideas as to why it's doing this and how to fix it. Thanks.

Advertisements

Bing7

Bing7

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • MVP
hi, that could be a setting in the browser you are using ,so what one are you using

RiffRaffCat75

RiffRaffCat75

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
I'm using Firefox, the newest version. I don't know why that would be the case because I just changed out an older printer for a new one and I didn't change anything else. Just the printers. The other printer did just fine with the internet, but this one, not so much. I think it could be something software wise, but I'm not sure, just guessing. I have reinstalled the printer software twice with no change. When I installed the printer software it did say something about a missing shared DDL or DLL file, I don't remember now.

RiffRaffCat75

RiffRaffCat75

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
I still haven't fix this issue. any other ideas out there?