Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HOLY CRAP! PLEASE help(FAST!)! i need to reinstall without

• Please log in to reply

Teh Poa

Teh Poa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hey people, i just got a new ASIS laptop (EEEPC) with windows 7. i had to force shutdown when it was loading the setup. when i started it up again it said something like "the computer had an unexpected error or restart bla bla bla setup will resume after restart" then i tried restarting and it didnt work. i heard of a hidden system restore but i cant figure that out. I DO NOT have a CD drive for it, so that solution wont work....
remember, windows 7.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:D and I am sorry to hear about your issue. Since you have no Recovery Disks then try this.

You can use it from a special hidden partition on the hard drive by pressing F9 at system startup

Let us know if it works.
This will reload the system just like it was brand new. If Win7 was the OS then that is what will be reloaded.

Teh Poa

Teh Poa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
looks good, says something [EMS enabled]
and it now shows a seashell and initializing. looks good. thanks a lot you saved me XD (hopefully)
will edit or post when its done (shows CMD and says [ 0% ] Applying progress)
EDIT: worked! thanks a lot!

Edited by Teh Poa, 21 September 2010 - 04:20 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Great to hear. Thanks for letting me know and I will await the completion and having your issued corrected. ;) ;) ;) :D