Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

slow browsers

• Please log in to reply

jstef4

jstef4

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I use both google chrome and IE8.
Both are lately very slow to load and to cennect to the IP. (Cablevision)
I have Windows XP.
My IP tested the connection and it is very fast.
I sthe slugishness due to that browsers are updated to fit windows7, and XP is left outdated?
Please advise.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Close IE.
Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools, and click on Internet Explorer (no add-ons). Same thing?

jstef4

jstef4

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Close IE.
Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools, and click on Internet Explorer (no add-ons). Same thing?

With no add-0ns it works well.
But before it had many add-ons and it worked well, it is only lately that this happens. And google chrome has no add-ons and it is very slow.
Is it becuase XT is getting outdated?
Please advise?

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You must have had installed some addon(s) recently, or some program, you recently installed added something (a toolbar?) to your browsers.
I see no other option.