Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File sharing in Win7 Homegroup disabled

• Please log in to reply

pjsuther

pjsuther

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Recently. our Dell desktop and Dell laptop, both with Win7, lost the ability to share files over our Homegroup. When I run the troubleshooter, it reports that the "administrator has disabled Teredo locally." This is confirmed when I view Device Manager. Delving further, I am told that I have to enable IPv6 in order for it to operate. Problem is that when I go to Network properties, IPv6 is checked as being enabled. As far as I can tell it's all running as it should.

As a side note, I remember when we first loaded Win7, I had to go to the registry string for the IPv6 and change 2-3 characters on the end of the string to get it to work. Can't find that forum reference now, so I'm wondering if someone might be able to help.

Thanks.

Advertisements