Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Graphic card/HDMI cable/monitor problem

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ive built my own computer from scratch, however, i have some problems with my graphic card (HD RADEON 5770).
Im using a HDMI cable to connect it with the monitor (BenQ g2222HD) but it simply say "No HDMI signal" or "No Signal Detected".

Ive installed w7 on the computer on beforehand, so i know the other stuff works, using an old graphic card.
Is this monitor/screen problem,
or is the graphic card simply destroyed?
Do i have to use VGA etc instead of HDMI cable?
Sitting here for months without a computer, trying to figure out what to do, cant get help anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Welcome to GeeksToGo,

I am going to assume that your talking about this monitor correct? G2222HDH and not this one G2222HD since the latter one doesn't have an HDMI in spec. Either way, look through the users guide, OSD interface, or see if there is a button on the monitor or Input Source/Switch. And see if it works.

With my HP2009m, it supports both VGA and DVI. But it auto selects the source when it is turned on. But it also has the option to manually choose a source as well by pressing the source button on the bottom of the display.

HTH, Jon