Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

DEL enters setup and F12 as well

OK once you are in BIOS then proceed with the steps. Check to see if Hard Disk Recovery is enabled. If not enable it and make sure to click F10 to Save and exit
If it is already enabled then exit bios and proceed to the instructions on how to start the Hard Disk Recovery

Advertisements

Morris6996

Morris6996

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I have a system disk now. How do I get the computer to load from it?

Morris6996

Morris6996

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I have a system disk now. How do I get the computer to load from it?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
To change Boot Sequence in your BIOS

Reboot the system and at the first post screen (where it is counting up memory) start tapping the DEL button
This will enter you into the Bios\Cmos area.
Find the Advanced area and click Enter
Look for Boot Sequence or Boot Options and highlight that click Enter
Now highlight the first drive and follow the directions on the bottom of the screen on how to modify it and change it to CDrom.
Change the second drive to the C or Main Drive
Once that is done then click F10 to Save and Exit
You will prompted to enter Y to verify Save and Exit. Click Y and the system will now reboot with the new settings.

Hopefully you have already put the System disk cd in the drive before all this. If everything is setup correctly you will get a black screen with the following message in the upper left corner:

"Push Any Key To Boot To Cd". When you see this then push any key and the cd will take over. Then follow the prompts or if you need assistance we will help.

Morris6996

Morris6996

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I'm still getting the BSOD with the same message.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you do a repair installation or what?

Morris6996

Morris6996

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I tried running it normally, in safe mode, and in the repair mode, and nothing has worked.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK I just don't know what is going on. If you did what I suggested in post 16 and entered bios then the Hard disk recovery should be enabled. This should then allow you to do a system Recovery via post 14
This will hopefully fix the issue.
If you can't do this then the only other option is to format and start completely over.

Morris6996

Morris6996

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
If I format, will the disk I have work or do I need a new OS?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What disk do you have and is it the same version as what was originally installed on the system.
Have you tried the system recovery steps from post 16 and then post 14 gives the steps to start the system recovery after verifying the bios setup from post 16.

Advertisements