i got a slight problem, i got a bunch of 80 GB seagate drive but these are locked they were used by a dutch phone company in a storage unit.
but they are locked if i test them with sea-tools and WHEN they pass put them on a system the system bios say's that the capacity is 0, but when i put them on another system (different brand) it say's the right capacity.when i look in sea-tools it say's the capacity is 9323454392.29 gb. then i try to install windows xp on them i run in to the same problem, NOT all system will install windows on it, the one that says the the capacity 0 is will install and the on that says the right capacity won't.
I've try ed to low level format it, still get the same problem, try ed Fdisk removing the partition and creating a new one still the same problem.
i got it to show up in the bios as a 80.08 GB drive now but am still running in to the problem that on the start-up screen it say's that the capacity 0 is
and the installing problem is still there too, I'm running out of ideas and was wondering if one of you will have some more ideas for me to try on these [bleep] drive they are driving me crazy lol. here some drive specs
Seagate 80 GB IDE drive firmware: 6.09
I've try ed changing jumper setting too