Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Red Dots - Help Please

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
Use this http://www.piriform.com/speccy to get the MB details and use the link below to download and install HW monitor to enable the temps and voltages to be double checked, post screen shots of both;
http://www.cpuid.com.../hwmonitor.html

Advertisements

Ren0lz

Ren0lz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Did you try your Screen on another computer to see if you have the same red dots issue, it would either rule out your screen as the problem or your PC as the problem.

Ren0lz

Ren0lz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
In fact, i haven't :D Should probably try out Phillpower2's guide to success first ;)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
Sorry about the delay getting back to you(work gets in the way sometimes).
Regarding trying another screen see post #7

I would say it is too early to suspect your screen is bad dead pixels do not come and go they are just that dead, fortunately there are other things we can check first and the most obvious one is connect the computer to another PC screen (not the TV you say it doesn't happen with that

Looked at your MB manual and there are 3 headers on the MB for connecting
fans to, CPU, Chassis fan and Power fan, if you have these connected you
can adjust the settings for them in the BIOS, this includes both fan speed
and whether or not the system monitors and reports their performance.
Read carefully how to do this should you need to, you will find the info
in Section 4.27 of your MB manual and here is a link to the manual http://www.manualnguide.com/dl/8925/
Just in case you have not got a chassis fan I have included a link to a
video showing what one is and how you fit one

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
I suggested to try his screen in another computer because it happened to me that a LCD Screen who would work great (perfect image no dead pixels) for long periods at a time and sometimes shorts periods and at one point would start to have dots (not red) and lines in whatever i was doing at the time (work, games, browsing) I also though it was my video card or heat or this and that and finally it was the screen itself that had taken some humidity and some contacts were overheating, I cleaned it and it has been working great ever since (couple of years now).

Trying it in another computer made me see it was not my computer but the LCD Screen itself.

Just a suggestion if nothing else works,

Hope you find the problem.

Edited by Alzeimer, 28 September 2010 - 05:12 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

I suggested to try his screen in another computer because it happened to me that a LCD Screen who would work great (perfect image no dead pixels) for long periods at a time and sometimes shorts periods and at one point would start to have dots (not red) and lines in whatever i was doing at the time (work, games, browsing) I also though it was my video card or heat or this and that and finally it was the screen itself that had taken some humidity and some contacts were overheating, I cleaned it and it has been working great ever since (couple of years now).

Trying it in another computer made me see it was not my computer but the LCD Screen itself.

Just a suggestion if nothing else works,

Hope you find the problem.

I am in agreement with you Alzeimer when you are having display issues common sense says always try another screen if you can, and that was why I suggested it in post #7

Ren0lz

Ren0lz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Allright, i'll try it out in a bit :-) (lots of school stuff going on now) and i'll get back to you in the weekend :-)