Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2010 won't open email links

• Please log in to reply

shadysicilian

shadysicilian

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had this same problem and thought it might have been from a new install of Norton. Incedentally this would have been the very firts problem I would have encounterd using Norton in 10 years. So here is a quick fix and it comes from microsoft direct. The have a fix it tool on their support site foir just this thing. the link it it is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310049 it will download and install the repair it for you. I tried all the above options myself to no avail. this was as slick as it gets!

Advertisements

trenchdiggers

trenchdiggers

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks josc, took your advice and it's now sorted. Thanks to the rest of you for taking the time to help out those struggling to keep up

Safrion

Safrion

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, stumbled upon this from google, a lot of your solutions hang together, had this problem on work where this error made 2 programs go nuts because of chrome basicly.

Thanks alot for the helpful answers.

pamd

pamd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks Shady! The link from Microsoft worked wonderfully. I had tried changing the registry on my own, following the instructions that were given earlier but it still wasn't working. This fixed it for me and it works! It was Google Chrome that was my problem. Thanks again

Edited by pamd, 13 November 2012 - 07:53 PM.

CKW

CKW

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just had this problem and am thankful to report that the Microsoft "fix" did the job. Thanks for all your help.

AGF

AGF

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Super! The first few fixes didn't work for me. This last one dit it. Thanks a bunch.

sachin234

sachin234

• Pip
  • 2 posts

i think you may try uninstalling avast or disabling avast this may fix your issue.

sachin234

sachin234

• Pip
  • 2 posts

you can get more tricks and tips and tech news.