Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

2 problems

• Please log in to reply

PacMan287

PacMan287

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Before this happen i was trying to install a new hardware to my computer manually, but i didn't know what to do but i did know where to put it. After I got the hardware in the computer wouldn't turn on, and when I pulled it out the computer turn on. I kept on missing with it for a while until it couldn't turn on no more until I figured it out last 3-4 weeks later or a month. But right after that the monitor won't actually turn on. It'll say "No signal". So I thought because 2 of the needle (i guess that's what you call it) were missing until my brother told that those 2 were missing when we installed it. It stilled worked before I missed with it. Now, I have a monitor that won't receive a signal and a computer that won't turn off when started. What can I do? But then i guess the reason the monitor isn't getting no signal is because their something wrong with my tower. So what can i do to fix the problem. PLEASE!!!

Edited by PacMan287, 23 September 2010 - 07:14 PM.

Advertisements

Jordi Ruiz

Jordi Ruiz

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I recommend you to do a clear CMOS to reset the bios. If you don't know how to do it read your motherboard manual.
Probably the new hardware you installed causes an incompatibility with your actual bios configuration.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello PacMan287 ...

What hardware did you install? Was it a video card?

wannabe1

PacMan287

PacMan287

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
its was a linksys card.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Have you tried starting the Machine in Safe Mode?

Tap the F8 key during the boot up to access the Advanced Boot Options screen. Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode and press Enter.

Does the machine start this way?

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
Wireless cards may sometimes cause an interference with your video card, if you can put your card as far away (PCI slots) to your Video card as possible and hopes that helps.

PacMan287

PacMan287

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No Mr.Wannabe1. i tried installing a linksys wireless internet card into the tower. Now it won't turn off, and i think it loads a long long time non-stop and that i can't turn off.